Human Cargo: Songs and stories of trafficking and transportation.
The world’s oceans have long teemed with ships bearing humans in distress.
Human Cargo traces paths through slavery, emigration, the highland clearances and convict transportation. This new show blends first-hand accounts with traditional folk songs and shanties, plus a few modern songs.
A dark but invigorating evening, with plenty of opportunities to join the singing.
A special theatrical evening.
Written and presented by Matthew Crampton with Chris Hayes, Daisy Johnson & Jan North, aka The London Lubbers.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/342683
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.