It's great to have a visit from our old pal Hamish Currie.
Originally from the east coast of Scotland Hamish is great guitar player with a glorious range of self written and traditional material from both sides of the border. And some hot ukulele action too!
"...what a great performance he gave us, and such a variety of songs & influences... from Elvis Costello to trad ballads... on guitar, ukulele or solo unaccompanied... All quality material and all performed with deceptive ease and confidence..." - Newport Lyceum Folk Club
This concert replaces Sara Grey & Kieron Means who are unable to appear due to ill health.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!