The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party
Vicky Martin was well known to friends of the Folk Club and of the Rose & Crown for her work in the fabulous Delta Ladies.
Tragically Vicky passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago.
As well as being a great musician in her own right Vicky never tired of encouraging and supporting other musicians.
So we thought it would be fitting tribute to dedicate our annual Street Party to her.
What's more The Delta Ladies have announced that they will continue to bring Hillbilly Trance to the masses and will be playing a set during the afternoon.
Other guests include
- A stomping good-time alternative folk band with touches of flamenco, gypsy jazz and epic harmony.
- Fantastic up and coming singer and guitar player
Flatfoot Johnny and the Wandering Rhythm
- Old-timey banjo driven fun
The Chingford Morris
- Wonderful singer and fiddler
The Delta Ladies
- Great pals of the club an with their wonderful rootsy Americana. Hillbilly Trance!
The event runs from 1 - 6 outside the pub and admission is free.
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.