The Singing Loins
The Loins are Chris Broderick on vocals, Chris (Arfur) Allen on guitar and Rob Shepherd on banjo, mandolin & accordion, with John Forrester on occasional stand-up bass and they style themselves as "Authentic Raw Folk from the Medway Delta".
They first came to our attention with a simply stunning set at the Tunnel Vision club last year and we couldn't wait to get their superb song-writing and energetic punk-folk musicianship to the club.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 8: Tom Lewis ~ Less like a concert and more like a rowdy party with lots of singing.
- September 15: Alison Sleator ~ An outstanding contemporary and folk singer.
- September 22: Little Toby Walker ~ A roots music fingerstyle guitar virtuoso.
- September 29: Nancy Kerr & James Fagan ~ Two of the biggest names in Folk.
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.