Stoneydown Park Folk Festival
Rounding off our season with our now traditional afternoon folk festival in Stoneydown Park.
There will be stalls, food, beer from the Rose & Crown and rides for the kids and we'll be showcasing some of the artists who'd impressed us in the last year and who we think should be better known.
This years line up includes:
- Ragtime guitar from Andy Mathewson
- Local heroes Iminim
- Shooting Roots finalists: Dylan Cairns-Howarth & Sam Mabbett
- More local heroes: Anna Skodbo & Andy Green
- Hughly rated new guitarist Tom Blackburn
Plus folk club residents and the E17 Session Band.
It kicks off at 2pm and admission is free.
Stoneydown park is on Pretoria Road, E17 and you can see a map here - https://plus.google.com/113896608992214888984/about?gl=uk&hl=en
- Closed ~ May Bank Holiday
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!