Stoneydown Park Folk Festival
Rounding off our season with our now traditional afternoon folk festival in Stoneydown Park.
There will be stalls, food, beer from the Rose & Crown and rides for the kids and we'll be showcasing some of the artists who'd impressed us in the last year and who we think should be better known.
This years line up includes:
- Ragtime guitar from Andy Mathewson
- Local heroes Iminim
- Shooting Roots finalists: Dylan Cairns-Howarth & Sam Mabbett
- More local heroes: Anna Skodbo & Andy Green
- Hughly rated new guitarist Tom Blackburn
Plus folk club residents and the E17 Session Band.
It kicks off at 2pm and admission is free.
Stoneydown park is on Pretoria Road, E17 and you can see a map here - https://plus.google.com/113896608992214888984/about?gl=uk&hl=en
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.