Finishing off the year with a special evening showcasing two wonderful acts who you might not be very familiar with but who you may well be hearing a lot more from in the future. Elphin use Vocals, Recorders, Fiddles, Guitar, Celtic Harp and Double Bass to play arrangements of traditional folk music from the British Isles and original compositions. They bring a unique warmth and flair to the material which puts many more experienced artists to shame. http://www.myspace.com/elphinfolk HillBilly and the Bonfire are a local duo who always cause quite a stir when they bring their unique blend of bluesy stomp and original songwriting to the club. http://www.myspace.com/hillbillyandthebonfire
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter