Finishing off the year with a special evening showcasing two wonderful acts who you might not be very familiar with but who you may well be hearing a lot more from in the future. Elphin use Vocals, Recorders, Fiddles, Guitar, Celtic Harp and Double Bass to play arrangements of traditional folk music from the British Isles and original compositions. They bring a unique warmth and flair to the material which puts many more experienced artists to shame. http://www.myspace.com/elphinfolk HillBilly and the Bonfire are a local duo who always cause quite a stir when they bring their unique blend of bluesy stomp and original songwriting to the club. http://www.myspace.com/hillbillyandthebonfire
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.