Finishing off the year with a special evening showcasing two wonderful acts who you might not be very familiar with but who you may well be hearing a lot more from in the future. Elphin use Vocals, Recorders, Fiddles, Guitar, Celtic Harp and Double Bass to play arrangements of traditional folk music from the British Isles and original compositions. They bring a unique warmth and flair to the material which puts many more experienced artists to shame. http://www.myspace.com/elphinfolk HillBilly and the Bonfire are a local duo who always cause quite a stir when they bring their unique blend of bluesy stomp and original songwriting to the club. http://www.myspace.com/hillbillyandthebonfire
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.