A magnificent guitarist, Phillip Henry is a figurehead for a new generation of folk musicians. Playing dobro, bottleneck slide, lap steel, Indian slide guitar (chatturangui) and harmonica, his repertoire includes arrangements of traditional melodies of the British Isles and further a-field, songs, and innovative compositions.
Philip will be bringing special guest Hannah Martin on fiddle, banjo and vocals. Phillip and Hannah both play in the band the Roots Union, who you may have seen aroiund the festivals.
"Definitely one to watch out for" - Verity Sharp, BBC Radio Three's Late Junction
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.