Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
Hailing from Faversham in Kent, the bandl first emerged in 2009 and take their inspiration from the depths of English folk lore and legend and the classic folk rock sound of their predecessors Fairport Convention and The Albion Band. Blending violin, mandolin, dulcimer and accordion with electric guitars and drums, Green Diesel’s sound is born from a love of traditional English music and a desire to bring it to a modern audience.
Performing original compositions, steeped in folklore, alongside inventive reworkings of traditional songs and tunes the band have built up a reputation as a fearsome live act. Their energy and musicianship grabs the audience by the scruff of the neck and leaves them wanting more.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444293
- September 2019
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.