Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
Hailing from Faversham in Kent, the bandl first emerged in 2009 and take their inspiration from the depths of English folk lore and legend and the classic folk rock sound of their predecessors Fairport Convention and The Albion Band. Blending violin, mandolin, dulcimer and accordion with electric guitars and drums, Green Diesel’s sound is born from a love of traditional English music and a desire to bring it to a modern audience.
Performing original compositions, steeped in folklore, alongside inventive reworkings of traditional songs and tunes the band have built up a reputation as a fearsome live act. Their energy and musicianship grabs the audience by the scruff of the neck and leaves them wanting more.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444293
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.