Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
Hailing from Faversham in Kent, the bandl first emerged in 2009 and take their inspiration from the depths of English folk lore and legend and the classic folk rock sound of their predecessors Fairport Convention and The Albion Band. Blending violin, mandolin, dulcimer and accordion with electric guitars and drums, Green Diesel’s sound is born from a love of traditional English music and a desire to bring it to a modern audience.
Performing original compositions, steeped in folklore, alongside inventive reworkings of traditional songs and tunes the band have built up a reputation as a fearsome live act. Their energy and musicianship grabs the audience by the scruff of the neck and leaves them wanting more.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444293
- September 2018
- October 7: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- October 14: Dave Peabody & Regina Mudrich ~ An evening of blues and vaudeville songs.
- October 21: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding ~ A rare chance to hear a master banjo player and his star pupil.
- October 28: Green Diesel ~ Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
- November 4: Intarsia ~ Sway, sing or just soak in the sounds...
- November 11: Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox ~ An evening with the Warhorse Songman.
- November 18: Whitechapel Noise - Politics, sex and religion in the Cockney-Yiddish music hall ~ Expect to laugh, cry, singalong and go blimey that's interesting...
- November 25: Trio Dhoore ~ Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers.
- December 2018