Stoneydown Park Folk Festival
Rounding off the year with our now traditional Sunday afternoon outing in Stoneydown Park.
This is the fifth Stoneydown Park Folk Festival and they're always a brilliant afternoon with stalls, morris dancing, a beer tent, a bouncy castle and lots more.
The centerpeice of the festival is the Folk Club stage where we take the opotunity to showcase some of the artists we've seen over the last year who've really impressed us and who we think should be better known. Previous guests here have gone on to great things!
This years line up includes...
- Jo Carley and The Old Dry Skulls - Spooky Americana from a local act that's going places.
- Tom Reid - Standout new resident performer at the club.
- The Mood Swingers - hot jazz from out friends Tony and Andy.
- Billy Hill & Ramon Goose - stunning new guitar and fiddle duo - you saw them here first.
The festival runs from 2pm to 6pm and admission is free.
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.