Stoneydown Park Folk Festival
Rounding off the year with our now traditional Sunday afternoon outing in Stoneydown Park.
This is the fifth Stoneydown Park Folk Festival and they're always a brilliant afternoon with stalls, morris dancing, a beer tent, a bouncy castle and lots more.
The centerpeice of the festival is the Folk Club stage where we take the opotunity to showcase some of the artists we've seen over the last year who've really impressed us and who we think should be better known. Previous guests here have gone on to great things!
This years line up includes...
- Jo Carley and The Old Dry Skulls - Spooky Americana from a local act that's going places.
- Tom Reid - Standout new resident performer at the club.
- The Mood Swingers - hot jazz from out friends Tony and Andy.
- Billy Hill & Ramon Goose - stunning new guitar and fiddle duo - you saw them here first.
The festival runs from 2pm to 6pm and admission is free.
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.