Stoneydown Park Folk Festival
Rounding off the year with our now traditional Sunday afternoon outing in Stoneydown Park.
This is the fifth Stoneydown Park Folk Festival and they're always a brilliant afternoon with stalls, morris dancing, a beer tent, a bouncy castle and lots more.
The centerpeice of the festival is the Folk Club stage where we take the opotunity to showcase some of the artists we've seen over the last year who've really impressed us and who we think should be better known. Previous guests here have gone on to great things!
This years line up includes...
- Jo Carley and The Old Dry Skulls - Spooky Americana from a local act that's going places.
- Tom Reid - Standout new resident performer at the club.
- The Mood Swingers - hot jazz from out friends Tony and Andy.
- Billy Hill & Ramon Goose - stunning new guitar and fiddle duo - you saw them here first.
The festival runs from 2pm to 6pm and admission is free.
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.