Stoneydown Park Folk Festival
Rounding off the year with our now traditional Sunday afternoon outing in Stoneydown Park.
This is the fifth Stoneydown Park Folk Festival and they're always a brilliant afternoon with stalls, morris dancing, a beer tent, a bouncy castle and lots more.
The centerpeice of the festival is the Folk Club stage where we take the opotunity to showcase some of the artists we've seen over the last year who've really impressed us and who we think should be better known. Previous guests here have gone on to great things!
This years line up includes...
- Jo Carley and The Old Dry Skulls - Spooky Americana from a local act that's going places.
- Tom Reid - Standout new resident performer at the club.
- The Mood Swingers - hot jazz from out friends Tony and Andy.
- Billy Hill & Ramon Goose - stunning new guitar and fiddle duo - you saw them here first.
The festival runs from 2pm to 6pm and admission is free.
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter