Stoneydown Park Folk Festival
Rounding off the year with our now traditional Sunday afternoon outing in Stoneydown Park.
This is the fifth Stoneydown Park Folk Festival and they're always a brilliant afternoon with stalls, morris dancing, a beer tent, a bouncy castle and lots more.
The centerpeice of the festival is the Folk Club stage where we take the opotunity to showcase some of the artists we've seen over the last year who've really impressed us and who we think should be better known. Previous guests here have gone on to great things!
This years line up includes...
- Jo Carley and The Old Dry Skulls - Spooky Americana from a local act that's going places.
- Tom Reid - Standout new resident performer at the club.
- The Mood Swingers - hot jazz from out friends Tony and Andy.
- Billy Hill & Ramon Goose - stunning new guitar and fiddle duo - you saw them here first.
The festival runs from 2pm to 6pm and admission is free.
- January 2018
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- April 2018
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday