Klezmer comes from the European Jewish tradition where it was played for weddings and dances and it became one of the key tributaries in the development of Jazz. Born of poverty and oppression, both dances and song contain joy, exhilaration and wit alongside the sadness, anger and defiance.
It's also funky as hell!
The magnificent Klezmer Klub nearly blew the roof off the place last time they brought their explosive show to E17.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/465330
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.