For the first time in 8 years Nick Hennessey, Vicki Swan and Jonny Dyer re-combine as Serious Kitchen to create a brand new show.
Drawing on the rich heritage of Scandinavian myths and stories, The Whispering Road is a show blending Nick Hennessey's spellbinding storytelling with our great pals Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer's experience in the Swedish folk music scene.
Drawing on the rich Swedish folk tradition and instruments, through spoken word, song and music ‘The Whispering Road” tells the story of hope in the darkness, of two strangers bound by a ring and of the one who could not love.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter