For the first time in 8 years Nick Hennessey, Vicki Swan and Jonny Dyer re-combine as Serious Kitchen to create a brand new show.
Drawing on the rich heritage of Scandinavian myths and stories, The Whispering Road is a show blending Nick Hennessey's spellbinding storytelling with our great pals Vicki Swan & Jonny Dyer's experience in the Swedish folk music scene.
Drawing on the rich Swedish folk tradition and instruments, through spoken word, song and music ‘The Whispering Road” tells the story of hope in the darkness, of two strangers bound by a ring and of the one who could not love.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.