Hadrian’s Union are a five piece Contemporary Folk Indie band from the debateable lands of England and Scotland.
Influences include: Lindisfarne, Home Service, Stackridge, Bonzo Dog Dooh Dah Band.
Hadrian's Union have recently finished recording there most adventureous album to date, 'Aural Borderalis', which will be released in Summer 2017. The album is produced by Saul Rose (Faustus,Eliza Carthy & The Wayward Band) and is an ecclectic mix of music inspired by the various influences brought to the Union by the members of the band.
Hadrian’s Union was formed in 2010 and signed to Fellside Records in 2013,they now have a brand new line up with BBC Folk Award Winners Brian Bell (Bass Guitar) & Robin Jowett (Melodeon and Keys),Malcolm Bushby (Violin & Bouzouki- previous bands include Folkestra and Tom McConville), Dave Pratt on drums with Hadrian's Union founding member Stew Simpson on Guitar and vocals.
And it's about time we had them in Walthamamstow!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/418293
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.