Hadrian’s Union are a five piece Contemporary Folk Indie band from the debateable lands of England and Scotland.
Influences include: Lindisfarne, Home Service, Stackridge, Bonzo Dog Dooh Dah Band.
Hadrian's Union have recently finished recording there most adventureous album to date, 'Aural Borderalis', which will be released in Summer 2017. The album is produced by Saul Rose (Faustus,Eliza Carthy & The Wayward Band) and is an ecclectic mix of music inspired by the various influences brought to the Union by the members of the band.
Hadrian’s Union was formed in 2010 and signed to Fellside Records in 2013,they now have a brand new line up with BBC Folk Award Winners Brian Bell (Bass Guitar) & Robin Jowett (Melodeon and Keys),Malcolm Bushby (Violin & Bouzouki- previous bands include Folkestra and Tom McConville), Dave Pratt on drums with Hadrian's Union founding member Stew Simpson on Guitar and vocals.
And it's about time we had them in Walthamamstow!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/418293
- September 2019
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.