Hadrian’s Union are a five piece Contemporary Folk Indie band from the debateable lands of England and Scotland.
Influences include: Lindisfarne, Home Service, Stackridge, Bonzo Dog Dooh Dah Band.
Hadrian's Union have recently finished recording there most adventureous album to date, 'Aural Borderalis', which will be released in Summer 2017. The album is produced by Saul Rose (Faustus,Eliza Carthy & The Wayward Band) and is an ecclectic mix of music inspired by the various influences brought to the Union by the members of the band.
Hadrian’s Union was formed in 2010 and signed to Fellside Records in 2013,they now have a brand new line up with BBC Folk Award Winners Brian Bell (Bass Guitar) & Robin Jowett (Melodeon and Keys),Malcolm Bushby (Violin & Bouzouki- previous bands include Folkestra and Tom McConville), Dave Pratt on drums with Hadrian's Union founding member Stew Simpson on Guitar and vocals.
And it's about time we had them in Walthamamstow!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/418293
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter