Hadrian’s Union are a five piece Contemporary Folk Indie band from the debateable lands of England and Scotland.
Influences include: Lindisfarne, Home Service, Stackridge, Bonzo Dog Dooh Dah Band.
Hadrian's Union have recently finished recording there most adventureous album to date, 'Aural Borderalis', which will be released in Summer 2017. The album is produced by Saul Rose (Faustus,Eliza Carthy & The Wayward Band) and is an ecclectic mix of music inspired by the various influences brought to the Union by the members of the band.
Hadrian’s Union was formed in 2010 and signed to Fellside Records in 2013,they now have a brand new line up with BBC Folk Award Winners Brian Bell (Bass Guitar) & Robin Jowett (Melodeon and Keys),Malcolm Bushby (Violin & Bouzouki- previous bands include Folkestra and Tom McConville), Dave Pratt on drums with Hadrian's Union founding member Stew Simpson on Guitar and vocals.
And it's about time we had them in Walthamamstow!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/418293
- January 2018
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- April 2018
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday