Summer Special: Riley Baugus
We are delighted to present this rare opportunity to see one of the giants of old-time banjo.
Riley is the real deal & learned his music from the old time traditional musicians. He played a major role in the music for the film Cold Mountain, he recorded with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant on the classic album Raising Sand and plays in the Willie Nelson Band and Dirk Powell Band. He’s toured in England with Ira Bernstein for their show Appalachian Roots.
His fierce, intricate clawhammer banjo is some of the best and most authentic you will ever hear.
Note - floospots from residents only tonight.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/443836
- September 2018
- October 7: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- October 14: Dave Peabody & Regina Mudrich ~ An evening of blues and vaudeville songs.
- October 21: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding ~ A rare chance to hear a master banjo player and his star pupil.
- October 28: Green Diesel ~ Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
- November 4: Intarsia ~ Sway, sing or just soak in the sounds...
- November 11: Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox ~ An evening with the Warhorse Songman.
- November 18: Whitechapel Noise - Politics, sex and religion in the Cockney-Yiddish music hall ~ Expect to laugh, cry, singalong and go blimey that's interesting...
- November 25: Trio Dhoore ~ Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers.
- December 2018