Summer Special: Riley Baugus
We are delighted to present this rare opportunity to see one of the giants of old-time banjo.
Riley is the real deal & learned his music from the old time traditional musicians. He played a major role in the music for the film Cold Mountain, he recorded with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant on the classic album Raising Sand and plays in the Willie Nelson Band and Dirk Powell Band. He’s toured in England with Ira Bernstein for their show Appalachian Roots.
His fierce, intricate clawhammer banjo is some of the best and most authentic you will ever hear.
Note - floospots from residents only tonight.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/443836
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.