Summer Special: Riley Baugus
We are delighted to present this rare opportunity to see one of the giants of old-time banjo.
Riley is the real deal & learned his music from the old time traditional musicians. He played a major role in the music for the film Cold Mountain, he recorded with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant on the classic album Raising Sand and plays in the Willie Nelson Band and Dirk Powell Band. He’s toured in England with Ira Bernstein for their show Appalachian Roots.
His fierce, intricate clawhammer banjo is some of the best and most authentic you will ever hear.
Note - floospots from residents only tonight.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/443836
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter