Summer Special: Riley Baugus
We are delighted to present this rare opportunity to see one of the giants of old-time banjo.
Riley is the real deal & learned his music from the old time traditional musicians. He played a major role in the music for the film Cold Mountain, he recorded with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant on the classic album Raising Sand and plays in the Willie Nelson Band and Dirk Powell Band. He’s toured in England with Ira Bernstein for their show Appalachian Roots.
His fierce, intricate clawhammer banjo is some of the best and most authentic you will ever hear.
Note - floospots from residents only tonight.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/443836
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.