The E17 Folk Street Party
We're going to try an experiment to round off our season this year - a street party right outside our home at Ye Olde Rose & Crown.
It promises to be a really brilliant day! There will be real ale from the pub, food from the fantastic Giggly Pig, stalls and of course lots of great music!
The event runs from 1pm to 6pm.
Our featured guests are:
Singer, songwriter and flautist Elie Raw brings edgy, emotive songs with an acoustic punk-pop vibe. We've really enjoyed her visits to the club this year and are looking forward to giving her a change to stretch out.
Joe is the leader of the wonderful band Sergeant Buzfuz. A superb songwriter with an intensely British edge we're delighted to have him on board. This is what Ray Davis has been trying to do for the last thirty years.
The Delta Ladies
You might have seen the Delta Ladies full line up blowing the roof off the pub on a Saturday night. A vivid and colourful mix of roots, Americana, folk, bluegrass and world music influences and with a shot of New Orleans rhythm & blues for good measure. Kick arse!
The Chingford Morris
Some proper morris dancing from one of the most venerable sides around.
- Closed ~ May Bank Holiday
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!