The E17 Folk Street Party
We're going to try an experiment to round off our season this year - a street party right outside our home at Ye Olde Rose & Crown.
It promises to be a really brilliant day! There will be real ale from the pub, food from the fantastic Giggly Pig, stalls and of course lots of great music!
The event runs from 1pm to 6pm.
Our featured guests are:
Singer, songwriter and flautist Elie Raw brings edgy, emotive songs with an acoustic punk-pop vibe. We've really enjoyed her visits to the club this year and are looking forward to giving her a change to stretch out.
Joe is the leader of the wonderful band Sergeant Buzfuz. A superb songwriter with an intensely British edge we're delighted to have him on board. This is what Ray Davis has been trying to do for the last thirty years.
The Delta Ladies
You might have seen the Delta Ladies full line up blowing the roof off the pub on a Saturday night. A vivid and colourful mix of roots, Americana, folk, bluegrass and world music influences and with a shot of New Orleans rhythm & blues for good measure. Kick arse!
The Chingford Morris
Some proper morris dancing from one of the most venerable sides around.
- January 2018
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- April 2018
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday