The E17 Folk Street Party
We're going to try an experiment to round off our season this year - a street party right outside our home at Ye Olde Rose & Crown.
It promises to be a really brilliant day! There will be real ale from the pub, food from the fantastic Giggly Pig, stalls and of course lots of great music!
The event runs from 1pm to 6pm.
Our featured guests are:
Singer, songwriter and flautist Elie Raw brings edgy, emotive songs with an acoustic punk-pop vibe. We've really enjoyed her visits to the club this year and are looking forward to giving her a change to stretch out.
Joe is the leader of the wonderful band Sergeant Buzfuz. A superb songwriter with an intensely British edge we're delighted to have him on board. This is what Ray Davis has been trying to do for the last thirty years.
The Delta Ladies
You might have seen the Delta Ladies full line up blowing the roof off the pub on a Saturday night. A vivid and colourful mix of roots, Americana, folk, bluegrass and world music influences and with a shot of New Orleans rhythm & blues for good measure. Kick arse!
The Chingford Morris
Some proper morris dancing from one of the most venerable sides around.
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter