Futureproof V - The William Morris Folk Fete
2pm to 6pm in Stoneydown Park E17
Rounding off our year with our now traditional showcase of up and coming artists.
And this year we'll be doing things a bit differently - an afternoon gig in Stoneydown Park in Pretoria Avenue close to Blackhorse Road tube and just up the road from the Rose & Crown. Click here for a map.
You can walk up to the park from Blackhorse Road if you are coming from the Blackhorse Road Tube Station.
Note this is a change from the originally announced location of Lloyds Parks which will be closed for renovation over the summer.
We'll be running from 2pm to 6pm and admission will be free.
There will be Real Ale, Stalls, games and fun stuff for the kids to do.
We'll have loads of opportunities for people to get up and sing us a song or play a tune so please bring your instruments and have a go.
Our featured guests -
James O Hara-Knight
Performing at approx 3:10
Great new singer songwriter - http://www.myspace.com/jamesoharaknight
Performing at approx 3:55
As well as being a rising stars of the fashion world Anna is an enchanting singer and harpist who can tackle modern songs and traditional airs with equal skill and charisma.
Performing at approx 5:05
A sensational new young melodian player and New Roots finalist - check this out!
Performing at approx 4:40 - 5:00 and 5:40 - 6:00
Dave is a tremendous guitarist and song writer and well known as a resident at the club. He's definitelyone to watch and we thought we'd better grab him whilst we can still afford him!
Sadly Louise Jordan will now not be appearing.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.