Linda Allen & Kristin Allen-Zito
A very rare UK performance from US based songwriter Linda Allen appearing with her daughter Kristin Allen-Zito.
Linda has been a working musician since 1969, writing and singing powerful songs of hope and history, spirituality and death, love and whimsy in a style the writer Studs Terkel once referred to as “true and delightful”.
Kristin Allen-Zito is songwriter well known for being the lead singer of the electro-punk band The Trucks.
“Linda Allen and Kristin Allen-Zito are accomplished musicians from different times. That element makes hearing them play together worthwhile.
“But they are also mother - daughter which makes the chemistry of their music magical. Additionally they both play from the heart translating experience in language from their lives and times.
“Put in a Bunsen burner it provides an explosion of creativity that helps define who we are. In other wordstheir music is a soft and welcoming bridge between generations (from tie dye to black to tie dye).”
- Harvey Schwartz
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/498422/
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- April 5: Music Hall - it's evolution, growth and decline with John Cain ~ The story of the Music Hall
- Closed ~ Easter
- April 19: Moirai - Framed: The Alice Wheeldon Story ~ A 100 year old tale of fake news, family values and activism.
- April 26: Linda Allen & Kristin Allen-Zito ~ Powerful songs of hope and history, spirituality and death, love and whimsy.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 10: Melrose Quartet ~ A stunning quartet that will take the roof off the joint.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 31: Dan Walsh ~ Perhaps the best clawhammer banjo player in the country.
- June 7: Moor Music ~ Hardcore trad from the heart of Dartmoor.
- June 14: The Brothers Gillespie ~ Lyrical intensity and the sounds of soaring sibling harmony.
- June 21: Spring Singaround ~ Bring a song or a tune or maybe even a poem or a story to share.
- June 28: Street Party ~ Folk music, beer and ice cream!