Simply the single most important and influential figure in the post war British folk revival.
From his early days alongside late lamented fiddle genius Dave Swarbrick through chart success with Steeleye Span through to his roles in Waterson:Carthy and countless other collaborations Martin is an astonishing authority on traditional music and a formidable performer.
He's also a really nice guy as well.
NOTE: A few reamaining tickets have been added to online sales but are very limited. There will be no tickets available on the night so please do not attend without a ticket
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.