Simply the single most important and influential figure in the post war British folk revival.
From his early days alongside late lamented fiddle genius Dave Swarbrick through chart success with Steeleye Span through to his roles in Waterson:Carthy and countless other collaborations Martin is an astonishing authority on traditional music and a formidable performer.
He's also a really nice guy as well.
NOTE: A few reamaining tickets have been added to online sales but are very limited. There will be no tickets available on the night so please do not attend without a ticket
- September 2018
- October 7: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- October 14: Dave Peabody & Regina Mudrich ~ An evening of blues and vaudeville songs.
- October 21: Rob Murch and Michelle Holding ~ A rare chance to hear a master banjo player and his star pupil.
- October 28: Green Diesel ~ Green Diesel are a proper folk-rock band of the old school.
- November 4: Intarsia ~ Sway, sing or just soak in the sounds...
- November 11: Armistice Centenary Special - Bob Fox ~ An evening with the Warhorse Songman.
- November 18: Whitechapel Noise - Politics, sex and religion in the Cockney-Yiddish music hall ~ Expect to laugh, cry, singalong and go blimey that's interesting...
- November 25: Trio Dhoore ~ Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers.
- December 2018