Simply the single most important and influential figure in the post war British folk revival.
From his early days alongside late lamented fiddle genius Dave Swarbrick through chart success with Steeleye Span through to his roles in Waterson:Carthy and countless other collaborations Martin is an astonishing authority on traditional music and a formidable performer.
He's also a really nice guy as well.
NOTE: A few reamaining tickets have been added to online sales but are very limited. There will be no tickets available on the night so please do not attend without a ticket
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter