Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers!
Ward, Hartwin, and Koen have known each other for a very long time! The three brothers have been playing together for more than 20 years. Formerly in the forest and in the attic, today on stage. Little has changed in the concept; playfully create their own imaginary world in which no rules apply and it is blissful.
Through the years the brothers managed to create their own sound with their innovative instrumental folk; a musical identity that is hard to link with traditional music from any region, but which still feels familiar to many. The many foreign concerts all over Europe and Canada do not lie. But Trio Dhoore’s music is also appreciated in Flanders. The song “Endless Dancing” from their latest album ‘Momentum’ can be heard regularly on the Flemish National radio.
In 2017 the brothers performed MainStage during Dranouter Festival, one of Flanders most important festivals and they made their entrance in the Flemish art centers. Diatonic accordion, hurdy-gurdy, guitar and electronic effects complement each other seamlessly in a musical adventure where you sit on the edge of your chair.
"One of the folk scenes most unassumingly euphoric acoustic sounds" - Steve Hunt, fRoots
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/451814
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.