Steamy folk music guaranteed by 3 brothers!
Ward, Hartwin, and Koen have known each other for a very long time! The three brothers have been playing together for more than 20 years. Formerly in the forest and in the attic, today on stage. Little has changed in the concept; playfully create their own imaginary world in which no rules apply and it is blissful.
Through the years the brothers managed to create their own sound with their innovative instrumental folk; a musical identity that is hard to link with traditional music from any region, but which still feels familiar to many. The many foreign concerts all over Europe and Canada do not lie. But Trio Dhoore’s music is also appreciated in Flanders. The song “Endless Dancing” from their latest album ‘Momentum’ can be heard regularly on the Flemish National radio.
In 2017 the brothers performed MainStage during Dranouter Festival, one of Flanders most important festivals and they made their entrance in the Flemish art centers. Diatonic accordion, hurdy-gurdy, guitar and electronic effects complement each other seamlessly in a musical adventure where you sit on the edge of your chair.
"One of the folk scenes most unassumingly euphoric acoustic sounds" - Steve Hunt, fRoots
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/451814
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter