The E17 Folk Street Party
Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!
We'll be taking to opportunity to showcase some of the new friends we've made over the year, plus there will be ice cream and beer!
The party runs from 1 to 6 with the music starting about half one.
Here are the guests for this year -
Fantastic melodic modern folk band.
Rimpy & Kuldeep
Sitar and percussion from this highly rated local duo
Proper Morris dancing!
great young singer and musician - "Apocalyptic Blues"!
The Boxwood Chessmen
A joyous mix of Retro, Americana, Jazz, Folk and whatever else comes to mind!
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.