The E17 Folk Street Party
Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!
We'll be taking to opportunity to showcase some of the new friends we've made over the year, plus there will be ice cream and beer!
The party runs from 1 to 6 with the music starting about half one.
Here are the guests for this year -
Fantastic melodic modern folk band.
Rimpy & Kuldeep
Sitar and percussion from this highly rated local duo
Proper Morris dancing!
great young singer and musician - "Apocalyptic Blues"!
The Boxwood Chessmen
A joyous mix of Retro, Americana, Jazz, Folk and whatever else comes to mind!
- September 2019
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.