The E17 Folk Street Party
Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!
We'll be taking to opportunity to showcase some of the new friends we've made over the year, plus there will be ice cream and beer!
The party runs from 1 to 6 with the music starting about half one.
Here are the guests for this year -
Fantastic melodic modern folk band.
Rimpy & Kuldeep
Sitar and percussion from this highly rated local duo
Proper Morris dancing!
great young singer and musician - "Apocalyptic Blues"!
The Boxwood Chessmen
A joyous mix of Retro, Americana, Jazz, Folk and whatever else comes to mind!
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.