Folk Against Fascism Special
A special evening as part of Folk Against Fascism Week.
Folk Against Fascism is an organisation setup to counter moves by the BNP to co-opt elements of the English tradition.
As since Nick Griffin is running for MP in Barking it's vital that the folk movement in East London makes it's oppositon clear.
To that end we are proud to announce an evening of local mucisions, poets and performers plus a special guest appearence by Mawkin guitar wizard Dave Delarre.
Admission for this evening is now free!
Admission £FREE (£free unwaged)
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.