Folk Against Fascism Special
A special evening as part of Folk Against Fascism Week.
Folk Against Fascism is an organisation setup to counter moves by the BNP to co-opt elements of the English tradition.
As since Nick Griffin is running for MP in Barking it's vital that the folk movement in East London makes it's oppositon clear.
To that end we are proud to announce an evening of local mucisions, poets and performers plus a special guest appearence by Mawkin guitar wizard Dave Delarre.
Admission for this evening is now free!
Admission £FREE (£free unwaged)
- September 8: Tom Lewis ~ Less like a concert and more like a rowdy party with lots of singing.
- September 15: Alison Sleator ~ An outstanding contemporary and folk singer.
- September 22: Little Toby Walker ~ A roots music fingerstyle guitar virtuoso.
- September 29: Nancy Kerr & James Fagan ~ Two of the biggest names in Folk.
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.