At just 26 years of age Jim Morray defines the state of the art in traditional English folk song interpretation. Even more than Kevin.
From the electronic trickery of his debut album Sweet England, described as called "the most significant new development in English folk music since Fairport Convention's Liege and Leif." by Uncut magazine to his latest release "Low Culture" he constantly challenges and redefines the boundaries and limitations of how our music should be performed.
Admission £8 (£7 unwaged)
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter