At just 26 years of age Jim Morray defines the state of the art in traditional English folk song interpretation. Even more than Kevin.
From the electronic trickery of his debut album Sweet England, described as called "the most significant new development in English folk music since Fairport Convention's Liege and Leif." by Uncut magazine to his latest release "Low Culture" he constantly challenges and redefines the boundaries and limitations of how our music should be performed.
Admission £8 (£7 unwaged)
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.