At just 26 years of age Jim Morray defines the state of the art in traditional English folk song interpretation. Even more than Kevin.
From the electronic trickery of his debut album Sweet England, described as called "the most significant new development in English folk music since Fairport Convention's Liege and Leif." by Uncut magazine to his latest release "Low Culture" he constantly challenges and redefines the boundaries and limitations of how our music should be performed.
Admission £8 (£7 unwaged)
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!