For many years the undisputed kings of cockney song the origional Cosmotheka faded with the death of Al Sealey in 1999. Even if you're not familiar with them, you will have heard their records. Now surviving member Dave Sealey has rebooted the band along side his son Dan (bass player in Ocean Colour Scene) and will be treating us to recreate the old songs with a new twist.
Dan is determined to drag his crusty, ancient, musical relic of a father shouting and bawling into the twenty-first century. So far, he's winning hands down. What on earth would Harry Champion say?
Gonna be great! This evening is our contribution to the 2012 Stow Festival.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.