For many years the undisputed kings of cockney song the origional Cosmotheka faded with the death of Al Sealey in 1999. Even if you're not familiar with them, you will have heard their records. Now surviving member Dave Sealey has rebooted the band along side his son Dan (bass player in Ocean Colour Scene) and will be treating us to recreate the old songs with a new twist.
Dan is determined to drag his crusty, ancient, musical relic of a father shouting and bawling into the twenty-first century. So far, he's winning hands down. What on earth would Harry Champion say?
Gonna be great! This evening is our contribution to the 2012 Stow Festival.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!