Mary Humphreys and Anahata
Proper stalwarts of the folk scene Mary and Anahata play music from the English tradition the way it should be played.
Mary sings and plays English concertina and banjo, and Anahata plays melodeons, Anglo concertina and cello. They live in Cambridgeshire and much of their material is based on Mary's research into unpublished locally collected versions of traditional songs, presented in simple but well-crafted musical arrangements.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/383429
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.