Rob Murch and Michelle Holding
Rob Murch is a leading figure in the playing of English fingerstyle banjo, a style once popular at the turn of the 20th century and now rarely seen. He met Michelle Holding at a banjo workshop that he was leading and Michelle began learning classic fingerstyle banjo under Rob's guidance.
Unfortunately the distance between their houses is too far to pop in for a brew, so they started meeting at festivals and events whenever possible, to share a mixture of fingerstyle banjo duets, songs they like, and arrangements of American tunes.
Rob and Michelle are taking tunes old and new, breathing fresh life into them and would love to share them with you
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444291
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter