Rob Murch and Michelle Holding
Rob Murch is a leading figure in the playing of English fingerstyle banjo, a style once popular at the turn of the 20th century and now rarely seen. He met Michelle Holding at a banjo workshop that he was leading and Michelle began learning classic fingerstyle banjo under Rob's guidance.
Unfortunately the distance between their houses is too far to pop in for a brew, so they started meeting at festivals and events whenever possible, to share a mixture of fingerstyle banjo duets, songs they like, and arrangements of American tunes.
Rob and Michelle are taking tunes old and new, breathing fresh life into them and would love to share them with you
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/444291
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.