It's about time we had an evening of sea songs and there's no better exponant of the art than former sub-mariner Tom Lewis.
Now resident in British Columbia, Tom's songs range from life on board H.M. ships, through the loneliness and lure of the sea to traditional shanties and classic nautical poetry, often accompanying himself with button accordion or ukulele.
"A consistently strong set that packs a wallop. Fine stuff with real bite." - Living Tradition Magazine
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.