It's about time we had an evening of sea songs and there's no better exponant of the art than former sub-mariner Tom Lewis.
Now resident in British Columbia, Tom's songs range from life on board H.M. ships, through the loneliness and lure of the sea to traditional shanties and classic nautical poetry, often accompanying himself with button accordion or ukulele.
"A consistently strong set that packs a wallop. Fine stuff with real bite." - Living Tradition Magazine
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2018
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- April 2018
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday