It's about time we had an evening of sea songs and there's no better exponant of the art than former sub-mariner Tom Lewis.
Now resident in British Columbia, Tom's songs range from life on board H.M. ships, through the loneliness and lure of the sea to traditional shanties and classic nautical poetry, often accompanying himself with button accordion or ukulele.
"A consistently strong set that packs a wallop. Fine stuff with real bite." - Living Tradition Magazine
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.