It's about time we had an evening of sea songs and there's no better exponant of the art than former sub-mariner Tom Lewis.
Now resident in British Columbia, Tom's songs range from life on board H.M. ships, through the loneliness and lure of the sea to traditional shanties and classic nautical poetry, often accompanying himself with button accordion or ukulele.
"A consistently strong set that packs a wallop. Fine stuff with real bite." - Living Tradition Magazine
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- Closed ~ May Bank Holiday
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!