It's about time we had an evening of sea songs and there's no better exponant of the art than former sub-mariner Tom Lewis.
Now resident in British Columbia, Tom's songs range from life on board H.M. ships, through the loneliness and lure of the sea to traditional shanties and classic nautical poetry, often accompanying himself with button accordion or ukulele.
"A consistently strong set that packs a wallop. Fine stuff with real bite." - Living Tradition Magazine
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter