Brian Peters is one of the English folk scene’s great all-rounders: a compelling singer, a top squeezebox player and a skilled guitarist. Brian is one of the country’s best anglo-concertina players and is just as good on melodeon, while he’s also internationally-known as a singer of traditional ballads.
He delivers a repertoire of startling variety, so alongside those classic songs from the tradition, and lively English dance tunes, you can expect to hear newer songs, his own instrumental compositions, and wild squeezebox excursions into ragtime or blues. His stage act bristles with energy and wit.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.