Brian Peters is one of the English folk scene’s great all-rounders: a compelling singer, a top squeezebox player and a skilled guitarist. Brian is one of the country’s best anglo-concertina players and is just as good on melodeon, while he’s also internationally-known as a singer of traditional ballads.
He delivers a repertoire of startling variety, so alongside those classic songs from the tradition, and lively English dance tunes, you can expect to hear newer songs, his own instrumental compositions, and wild squeezebox excursions into ragtime or blues. His stage act bristles with energy and wit.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter