Thomas McCarthy & Racker Donnelly
An evening for serious craic addicts.
Thomas McCarthy is a singer from an Irish Traveller family in Birr, County Offaly. From a considerable dynasty of traditional singers, song-makers and musicians, Thomas grew up surrounded by the singing of his late mother, her father and aunts and uncles and now lives in London.
Racker Donnelly, the Irish Folk Poet writes verse and song that's as funny and charming as it is literate.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- Closed ~ May Bank Holiday
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!