Thomas McCarthy & Racker Donnelly
An evening for serious craic addicts.
Thomas McCarthy is a singer from an Irish Traveller family in Birr, County Offaly. From a considerable dynasty of traditional singers, song-makers and musicians, Thomas grew up surrounded by the singing of his late mother, her father and aunts and uncles and now lives in London.
Racker Donnelly, the Irish Folk Poet writes verse and song that's as funny and charming as it is literate.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.