Elias Sibley was thirteen years old when he started studying the classical guitar with Roland Gallery at the Purcell School of Music for gifted young musicians before going on to study at the Royal College of Music.
Tonight he'll be concentrating on the music of the Edwardian Classical banjo - once a common musical style now very seldom heard and demonstrating his awesome talent with the Ukelee.
That's right - Royal College of Music London trained fingers brought to bare on the uke! How cool is that?!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.