Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp
Laura and Ted take a no-nonsense approach to traditional English folk song, taking their cues from revival singers such as Frankie Armstrong, Peter Bellamy and the Watersons and placing an emphasis on strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
With repertoire drawn from and inspired by thier homes in the North West and East Anglia, expect to hear a distinctive range of songs sung with passion.
"...There’s no artifice, no straining for clever effects at all. It’s just damn good songs sung beautifully." - Mike Harding
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/459755
- September 2019
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.