Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp
Laura and Ted take a no-nonsense approach to traditional English folk song, taking their cues from revival singers such as Frankie Armstrong, Peter Bellamy and the Watersons and placing an emphasis on strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
With repertoire drawn from and inspired by thier homes in the North West and East Anglia, expect to hear a distinctive range of songs sung with passion.
"...There’s no artifice, no straining for clever effects at all. It’s just damn good songs sung beautifully." - Mike Harding
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/459755
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.