The Askew Sisters
Emily and Hazel Askew are a young duo making waves on the folk scene with their energetic brand of English folk music. Using fiddle and melodeon, they play and sing with an infectious enjoyment and love for the music.
"Simply fantastic traditional music - look out, England - the sisters of stomp are heading your way!" - James Fagan and Nancy Kerr
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.
- November 5: Bonfire Night Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune, a poem or a story to share.
- November 12: Jody Kruskal ~ One of the best anglo-concertina players on the planet
- November 19: Artisan Row ~ Celebrating the timeless melodic beauty of traditional Irish music and more.
- November 26: Hadrian's Union ~ Eclectic folk rock.
- December 2017