Graham Larkbey & Dave Illingworth
Local legend Graham Larkbey should need no introduction to anyone in E17 as one of our most impressive and entertaining musicians and a staunch friend of the club.
Graham and Dave Illingworth go back a long way - 30 years in fact, when they first met up on the South London folk circuit. They subsequently joined forces in almost-semi-legendary folk/comedy combo Aunt Fortescue's Bluesrockers, whose pedigree included playing at Lea Bridge station on the day it closed in 1985.
This ultra rare duo gig sees them back together for an evening when anything could happen - Dave's roots are in country, folk, blues and jazz, while Graham might chuck in anything from his own songs to long-forgotten pop classics. Larkbey & Illingworth Reunited - expect the unexpected!
This show replaces Damien Barber & Mike Wilson who are unavailable.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 8: Tom Lewis ~ Less like a concert and more like a rowdy party with lots of singing.
- September 15: Alison Sleator ~ An outstanding contemporary and folk singer.
- September 22: Little Toby Walker ~ A roots music fingerstyle guitar virtuoso.
- September 29: Nancy Kerr & James Fagan ~ Two of the biggest names in Folk.
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.