Graham Larkbey & Dave Illingworth
Local legend Graham Larkbey should need no introduction to anyone in E17 as one of our most impressive and entertaining musicians and a staunch friend of the club.
Graham and Dave Illingworth go back a long way - 30 years in fact, when they first met up on the South London folk circuit. They subsequently joined forces in almost-semi-legendary folk/comedy combo Aunt Fortescue's Bluesrockers, whose pedigree included playing at Lea Bridge station on the day it closed in 1985.
This ultra rare duo gig sees them back together for an evening when anything could happen - Dave's roots are in country, folk, blues and jazz, while Graham might chuck in anything from his own songs to long-forgotten pop classics. Larkbey & Illingworth Reunited - expect the unexpected!
This show replaces Damien Barber & Mike Wilson who are unavailable.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!