Graham Larkbey & Dave Illingworth
Local legend Graham Larkbey should need no introduction to anyone in E17 as one of our most impressive and entertaining musicians and a staunch friend of the club.
Graham and Dave Illingworth go back a long way - 30 years in fact, when they first met up on the South London folk circuit. They subsequently joined forces in almost-semi-legendary folk/comedy combo Aunt Fortescue's Bluesrockers, whose pedigree included playing at Lea Bridge station on the day it closed in 1985.
This ultra rare duo gig sees them back together for an evening when anything could happen - Dave's roots are in country, folk, blues and jazz, while Graham might chuck in anything from his own songs to long-forgotten pop classics. Larkbey & Illingworth Reunited - expect the unexpected!
This show replaces Damien Barber & Mike Wilson who are unavailable.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter