Graham Larkbey & Dave Illingworth
Local legend Graham Larkbey should need no introduction to anyone in E17 as one of our most impressive and entertaining musicians and a staunch friend of the club.
Graham and Dave Illingworth go back a long way - 30 years in fact, when they first met up on the South London folk circuit. They subsequently joined forces in almost-semi-legendary folk/comedy combo Aunt Fortescue's Bluesrockers, whose pedigree included playing at Lea Bridge station on the day it closed in 1985.
This ultra rare duo gig sees them back together for an evening when anything could happen - Dave's roots are in country, folk, blues and jazz, while Graham might chuck in anything from his own songs to long-forgotten pop classics. Larkbey & Illingworth Reunited - expect the unexpected!
This show replaces Damien Barber & Mike Wilson who are unavailable.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.