O'Hooley & Tidow
Describing themselves as "chamber-folk" former Unthank Belinda O’Hooley and Heidi Tidow beautifully unusual songs touch on everything from dark folk tales, ecology and cross-dressing historical figures through to the invisibility of the elderly and the global economy.
Blessed with sensitivity, coupled with a great sense of humour, Belinda and Heidi write creatively, expressing new ideas both lyrically and musically in a beautiful way – Nic Jones
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.