George Papavgeris and Los Marbles
A real treat tonight with a new alliance of three of our favourite artists which sees highly regarded songwriter George Papavgeris teaming up with the fabulous musicianship of Vicki Swan and Jonny Dyer.
George emerged around the turn of the century as one of the finest songwriters on the scene, whilst Vicki and Johnny have built a reputation as one of the folk scene's most skilful and mercurial duos with a rang of instrumentation ranging from Scottish smallpipes, Swedish nyckelharpa, double bass, whistle, guitar, accordion, and keyboards.
This is going to be one to remember.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.