George Papavgeris and Los Marbles
A real treat tonight with a new alliance of three of our favourite artists which sees highly regarded songwriter George Papavgeris teaming up with the fabulous musicianship of Vicki Swan and Jonny Dyer.
George emerged around the turn of the century as one of the finest songwriters on the scene, whilst Vicki and Johnny have built a reputation as one of the folk scene's most skilful and mercurial duos with a rang of instrumentation ranging from Scottish smallpipes, Swedish nyckelharpa, double bass, whistle, guitar, accordion, and keyboards.
This is going to be one to remember.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter