George Papavgeris and Los Marbles
A real treat tonight with a new alliance of three of our favourite artists which sees highly regarded songwriter George Papavgeris teaming up with the fabulous musicianship of Vicki Swan and Jonny Dyer.
George emerged around the turn of the century as one of the finest songwriters on the scene, whilst Vicki and Johnny have built a reputation as one of the folk scene's most skilful and mercurial duos with a rang of instrumentation ranging from Scottish smallpipes, Swedish nyckelharpa, double bass, whistle, guitar, accordion, and keyboards.
This is going to be one to remember.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2018
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- April 2018
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday