Former Mawkin:Causley frontman, Devon born Jim has established himself as one of the key figures in the contemporary folk scene.
With his warm, rich and mature singing voice (quoted as being akin to the fruitiest of real ales!) his natural gift for interpreting song and his wry and cheeky stage presence this promises to be a great evening.
Admission £7 (£6 unwaged)
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.