Talis Kimberley presents contemporary, literate folk songs with green political edges & a warm, whimsical heart.
Wiltshire-based Talis along with Chantelle Smith on co-vocals and percussion, and Simon Fairbourn on bass, bassoon, whistles and occasional trumpet sing songs that are rooted in tradition but inspired by books, cakes, tea, history, socks, geo-politics & fish, and other things too!
Throw in some lovely harmonies and a strong focus on environmentalism and it's always a treat to see Talis and the guys.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/357983
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.