The Frank Burkitt Band
Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.
Frank is a story teller, songwriter, singer and guitarist. In that order. He has been performing for the last 15 years throughout the UK, New Zealand and Australia and his entertaining, rambling anecdotes aim to give the audience more of a connection with his songs. A folk songwriter at his core, American roots music with hints of jazz, blues and swing very much shape his music. When he relocated to Wellington from Edinburgh with his partner and backing vocalist Kara Filbey, he formed an incredible string band, with blues and country mandolin player Cameron Burnell and jazz double bassist James Geluk.
The Frank Burkitt Band have made incredible progress in the last 4 years, releasing their debut album Fools & Kings in 2015 and becoming a festival favourite throughout New Zealand. They have embarked on extensive national tours of New Zealand and Australia and released their second album Raconteur in March 2018.
Not really known in the UK right now, they will be soon.
How about we let the band speak for themselves....
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/465943
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.