The Frank Burkitt Band
Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.
Frank is a story teller, songwriter, singer and guitarist. In that order. He has been performing for the last 15 years throughout the UK, New Zealand and Australia and his entertaining, rambling anecdotes aim to give the audience more of a connection with his songs. A folk songwriter at his core, American roots music with hints of jazz, blues and swing very much shape his music. When he relocated to Wellington from Edinburgh with his partner and backing vocalist Kara Filbey, he formed an incredible string band, with blues and country mandolin player Cameron Burnell and jazz double bassist James Geluk.
The Frank Burkitt Band have made incredible progress in the last 4 years, releasing their debut album Fools & Kings in 2015 and becoming a festival favourite throughout New Zealand. They have embarked on extensive national tours of New Zealand and Australia and released their second album Raconteur in March 2018.
Not really known in the UK right now, they will be soon.
How about we let the band speak for themselves....
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/465943
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.