The Stand Up To Racism Singaround
Folk music has always been the voice of immigrants, migrants and the dispossessed. And it is also the music of resistance to the racism that threatens them.
As our part of United Nations Anti Racism Day on Saturday 19th March we are going to join together to sing songs that stand in solidarity with those who face racism whoever and wherever they are.
Bring a song a tune or a story to share.
Admission is free.
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.