The Stand Up To Racism Singaround
Folk music has always been the voice of immigrants, migrants and the dispossessed. And it is also the music of resistance to the racism that threatens them.
As our part of United Nations Anti Racism Day on Saturday 19th March we are going to join together to sing songs that stand in solidarity with those who face racism whoever and wherever they are.
Bring a song a tune or a story to share.
Admission is free.
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter