The Stand Up To Racism Singaround
Folk music has always been the voice of immigrants, migrants and the dispossessed. And it is also the music of resistance to the racism that threatens them.
As our part of United Nations Anti Racism Day on Saturday 19th March we are going to join together to sing songs that stand in solidarity with those who face racism whoever and wherever they are.
Bring a song a tune or a story to share.
Admission is free.
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.