The Stand Up To Racism Singaround
Folk music has always been the voice of immigrants, migrants and the dispossessed. And it is also the music of resistance to the racism that threatens them.
As our part of United Nations Anti Racism Day on Saturday 19th March we are going to join together to sing songs that stand in solidarity with those who face racism whoever and wherever they are.
Bring a song a tune or a story to share.
Admission is free.
- Closed ~ May Bank Holiday
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!