Acoustic bluesman Simon Prager makes an overdue return to the club tonight. The guitar player from, amongst others, the All Star Medicine Show, Simon's influences include the Rev Gary Davis and Sonny Terry.
And just to top it off he's bringing harmonica virtuoso Alan Glen who's played for The Yardbirds and Nine Below Zero.
"This is a very enjoyable set from an experienced musician who knows what he is doing and with distinctive and engaging vocals throughout. I would encourage your local club to book this guy as soon as they can. Rating: 9"
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.