Rattle on the Stovepipe
Now why haven't we had these guys before?
One of the best old-timey outfits in the country, Rattle On The Stovepipe feature Dave Arthur on guitar, 5-string banjo, melodeon, percussion and vocals, Dan Stewart on 5-string banjo, guitar, fiddle and harmony vocals and our mate Pete Cooper on fiddle and mandolin.
Together this trio of master musicians can take on anything from either side of the Atlantic!
"Whenever Rattle On The Stovepipe are booked to play at my local folk club I'm first in the queue to make sure I get my seat in the front row. This engaging trio inspires in me the same devotion that old Virginia musicians like Wade Ward and Uncle Charlie Higgins do. There is that same sweetness, ease, subtlety and good humour, every song and tune so well understood, so deftly played and so perfectly paced. They are all master musicians, but there is no sense of ego, no promotion of themselves as stars, although they certainly can dazzle. They are completely at home with the music they love, and can switch comfortably from American to English songs and tunes… Both Dave and Pete have that rare gift of drawing you into a song." - Shirley Collins
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/385207
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.