Rattle on the Stovepipe
Now why haven't we had these guys before?
One of the best old-timey outfits in the country, Rattle On The Stovepipe feature Dave Arthur on guitar, 5-string banjo, melodeon, percussion and vocals, Dan Stewart on 5-string banjo, guitar, fiddle and harmony vocals and our mate Pete Cooper on fiddle and mandolin.
Together this trio of master musicians can take on anything from either side of the Atlantic!
"Whenever Rattle On The Stovepipe are booked to play at my local folk club I'm first in the queue to make sure I get my seat in the front row. This engaging trio inspires in me the same devotion that old Virginia musicians like Wade Ward and Uncle Charlie Higgins do. There is that same sweetness, ease, subtlety and good humour, every song and tune so well understood, so deftly played and so perfectly paced. They are all master musicians, but there is no sense of ego, no promotion of themselves as stars, although they certainly can dazzle. They are completely at home with the music they love, and can switch comfortably from American to English songs and tunes… Both Dave and Pete have that rare gift of drawing you into a song." - Shirley Collins
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/385207
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.