It has been WAY too long since we last had a visit from Jimmy Crowley!
Jimmy Crowley is a central figure in the Irish folk scene. A tradition bearer, ethnographer and Gaelic language enthusiast and also as a stylish songwriter in his own right.
"Jimmy is a living legend in Irish Folk music. He comes from Cork, in the south of Ireland, a city whose musical richness mirrors the city’s diversity – a great trad music and song heritage as well as a legacy from music-hall vaudeville and high art musical traditions. Crowley draws on all of these traditions in fashioning his own unique performance style..." ~ Mick Moloney
"For me, he embodies all that is good and true about the music in which we are involved." ~ Martin Carthy
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/370257
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!