Steve Suffet & Anne Price
Expect the unexpected as these two longtime active members of the New York Pinewoods Folk Music Club pay a fraternal visit.
Anne Price, who has often been compared to Joan Baez, sings a wide variety of traditional folk songs from the USA and beyond, many songs from tradition-based songwriters, and a few songs she has written herself. Steve Suffet is best described as an old fashioned American folk singer in the People’s Music tradition of Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger.
Steve Suffet: www.stevesuffet.com
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- Closed ~ May Bank Holiday
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!