Steve Suffet & Anne Price
Expect the unexpected as these two longtime active members of the New York Pinewoods Folk Music Club pay a fraternal visit.
Anne Price, who has often been compared to Joan Baez, sings a wide variety of traditional folk songs from the USA and beyond, many songs from tradition-based songwriters, and a few songs she has written herself. Steve Suffet is best described as an old fashioned American folk singer in the People’s Music tradition of Woody Guthrie and Pete Seeger.
Steve Suffet: www.stevesuffet.com
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2018
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- April 2018
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday