Son of Ian Campbell, grandson of singers Dave and Betty Campbell, David Campbell is the only member of Birmingham's most celebrated singing family still active in traditional music.
He is known primarily as an unaccompanied singer, but also accompanies himself on banjo or ukulele. He has avoided the family repertory, as it tends to be Scottish, and he isn't. Instead, he sings whatever he fancies, his sources ranging from Joseph Taylor and Harry Cox to Bert Lloyd and Steve Tilston; from Alfred Reed and Cliff Carlisle to E.Y.Harburg and Steve Earle.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/393235
- January 2019
- February 3: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Two of the finest exponents of Traditional Song in the United Kingdom.
- February 10: Delta Ladies ~ Hillbilly Trance...
- February 17: Laura Smyth & Ted Kemp ~ Strong vocals, tight harmonies and unfussy arrangements.
- February 24: Luke Daniels and Nancy Kerr ~ A stunning mix of contemporary folk music and inspired instrumental virtuosity.
- March 3: Erin Harpe ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking R&B.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.