Son of Ian Campbell, grandson of singers Dave and Betty Campbell, David Campbell is the only member of Birmingham's most celebrated singing family still active in traditional music.
He is known primarily as an unaccompanied singer, but also accompanies himself on banjo or ukulele. He has avoided the family repertory, as it tends to be Scottish, and he isn't. Instead, he sings whatever he fancies, his sources ranging from Joseph Taylor and Harry Cox to Bert Lloyd and Steve Tilston; from Alfred Reed and Cliff Carlisle to E.Y.Harburg and Steve Earle.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/393235
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 2: Woody Guthrie and Old Man Trump with Will Kaufman ~ The story of a folk legend vs a racist landlord...
- June 9: Clarke Buehling ~ The worlds leading authorities on nineteenth century banjo.
- June 16: Elizabeth LaPrelle & Sandy Newlin ~ An evening of utterly authentic Appalachian folk singing.
- June 23: Summer Singaround ~ Bring a song to sing, a tune to play or even a story...
- June 30: The Vicky Martin Memorial Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party.