Andy is one of the great Irish singers, his voice one of a handful of truly great ones that gets to the very soul of Ireland. He has been hailed as "a tradition in himself".
As a musician, singer and songwriter, Andy has maintained his highly individual performing skills throughout his 45 year career.
From Sweeney's Men in the mid 60s, to the enormous success of Planxty in the 70s and then from Patrick Street to Andy Irvine & Dónal Lunny's Mozaik, Andy has been a world music pioneer and an icon for traditional music and musicians.
As a soloist, Andy fills the role of the archetypal troubadour with a show and a travelling lifestyle that reflect his lifelong influence, Woody Guthrie.
To quote the Irish Times, "Often copied, never equalled", his repertoire consists of Irish traditional songs, dexterous Balkan dances and a compelling cannon of his own self-penned songs.
Never tire of the road.
Photo by Béla Kása
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
- January 7: Playing Rapunzel ~ Superb musicianship, soaring harmonies and great songs.
- January 14: Pete Morton ~ One of the most clever, sharp and witty singer songwriters around.
- January 21: Hannah Sanders and Ben Savage ~ A folk duo that look & sound classically timeless, yet feel refreshingly unique.
- January 28: Robb Johnson ~ One of the best songwriters working in this country today.
- February 4: Lynne Heraud & Pat Turner ~ Lovely harmony singing on songs that range from the biggest ballad to the silliest ditty.
- February 11: Cosmotheka ~ The masters of Music Hall are back!
- February 18: Damien Barber & Mike Wilson ~ Great songs sung with power and grace.
- February 25: Steve Turner ~ A wonderful singer and concertina player, a real folkies folkie.
- March 4: Sam Gleaves & Tyler Hughes ~ Old time country music and newly written songs from the Appalachian mountains.
- March 11: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 18: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- March 25: Sara Grey & Kieron Means ~ Fine old time music from this Mother and Son duo.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- April 8: Andy Irvine ~ A legend of Irish folk music.
- April 15: Peter Struijk and Liz Mandeville ~ Red hot blues..!
- April 22: Greg Russell and Ciaran Algar ~ A guitar and fiddle duo for the twenty first century.
- April 29: Spring Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune a poem or even a story to share.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday