Union Jill are a Yorkshire-based female acoustic duo with over a decade of festival and folk club experience.
As singers, instrumentalists and songwriters, they bring a sense of storytelling with their songs, with vocals that produce spellbinding effects with their rich harmonies. Union Jill have established an appealing stage presence and gather an ever-growing fan base across the UK.
Taking their inspiration from a wide range of styles, Union Jill bring their own energy and passion to the acoustic music scene. They mix traditional folk instrumentation (guitars, mandola, concertina) with an edgy contemporary feel and powerful vocal delivery. Sharon and Helen’s ability to tell a story through lyrics draws in audiences of all types.
Their material embraces historical themes and contemporary issues; personal experiences and protest songs.
They have an on-stage banter that you only get from two women sharing a stage.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to https://www.wegottickets.com/event/495692
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- April 5: Music Hall - it's evolution, growth and decline with John Cain ~ The story of the Music Hall
- Closed ~ Easter
- April 19: Moirai - Framed: The Alice Wheeldon Story ~ A 100 year old tale of fake news, family values and activism.
- April 26: Linda Allen & Kristin Allen-Zito ~ Powerful songs of hope and history, spirituality and death, love and whimsy.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 10: Melrose Quartet ~ A stunning quartet that will take the roof off the joint.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 31: Dan Walsh ~ Perhaps the best clawhammer banjo player in the country.
- June 7: Moor Music ~ Hardcore trad from the heart of Dartmoor.
- June 14: The Brothers Gillespie ~ Lyrical intensity and the sounds of soaring sibling harmony.
- June 21: Spring Singaround ~ Bring a song or a tune or maybe even a poem or a story to share.
- June 28: Street Party ~ Folk music, beer and ice cream!