Stick in the Wheel
In the year or so since we last saw them Stick In The Wheel have established themselves as on of the best new bands on the scene. And that makes us very happy indeed.
We always loved their honest, authentic even raw take on traditional songs and on their own material. Now expanded to a five piece, Stick In The Wheel’s militant approach lets the songs tell their own stories.
This is what folk music sounds like.
Tonights show replaces Tony Kendal's evening of Walthamstow and Essex songs, which will now be in March 2015.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- September 8: Tom Lewis ~ Less like a concert and more like a rowdy party with lots of singing.
- September 15: Alison Sleator ~ An outstanding contemporary and folk singer.
- September 22: Little Toby Walker ~ A roots music fingerstyle guitar virtuoso.
- September 29: Nancy Kerr & James Fagan ~ Two of the biggest names in Folk.
- October 6: Pat Lamanna & Steve Suffet present Pete & Woody - An Unlikely Friendship ~ Marking Pete Seeger's hundredth birthday with people who knew him.
- October 13: The Askew Sisters ~ Two of the foremost performers and interpreters of English folk music.
- October 20: Julie Felix ~ Legendary folk singer with a career stretching back to 1964.
- October 27: Andy Irvine ~ Never tire of the road.
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.