Stick in the Wheel
In the year or so since we last saw them Stick In The Wheel have established themselves as on of the best new bands on the scene. And that makes us very happy indeed.
We always loved their honest, authentic even raw take on traditional songs and on their own material. Now expanded to a five piece, Stick In The Wheel’s militant approach lets the songs tell their own stories.
This is what folk music sounds like.
Tonights show replaces Tony Kendal's evening of Walthamstow and Essex songs, which will now be in March 2015.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter