Stick in the Wheel
In the year or so since we last saw them Stick In The Wheel have established themselves as on of the best new bands on the scene. And that makes us very happy indeed.
We always loved their honest, authentic even raw take on traditional songs and on their own material. Now expanded to a five piece, Stick In The Wheel’s militant approach lets the songs tell their own stories.
This is what folk music sounds like.
Tonights show replaces Tony Kendal's evening of Walthamstow and Essex songs, which will now be in March 2015.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!