Stick in the Wheel
In the year or so since we last saw them Stick In The Wheel have established themselves as on of the best new bands on the scene. And that makes us very happy indeed.
We always loved their honest, authentic even raw take on traditional songs and on their own material. Now expanded to a five piece, Stick In The Wheel’s militant approach lets the songs tell their own stories.
This is what folk music sounds like.
Tonights show replaces Tony Kendal's evening of Walthamstow and Essex songs, which will now be in March 2015.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- February 2019
- March 3: Erin Harpe Country Blues Duo ~ A fabulous evening of shit-kicking country blues.
- March 10: Pete Atkin ~ Some of the best songs ever written.
- March 17: Joe Solo ~ Thought-provoking, comical and punch-the-air political.
- March 24: Arrowsmith:Robb ~ An international evening of great song and tunes.
- March 31: Lisa Knapp ~ Pushing boundaries with her radiant interpretation of traditional folk music.
- April 2019
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- May 12: The Frank Burkitt Band ~ Swinging good times all the way from New Zealand.