"An evening with Dónal Maguire is a five star event...one star for his outstanding voice, one for his exceptional repertoire of Irish traditional songs, one for his unique selection of English folk songs, one for his virtuoso mandolin and banjo work, and one for his wry wit and keen insight."
So says the Eagle Tavern in Greenwich Village!
"If you haven't heard this man yet then why the hell not?"~ Dick Gaughan
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.