"An evening with Dónal Maguire is a five star event...one star for his outstanding voice, one for his exceptional repertoire of Irish traditional songs, one for his unique selection of English folk songs, one for his virtuoso mandolin and banjo work, and one for his wry wit and keen insight."
So says the Eagle Tavern in Greenwich Village!
"If you haven't heard this man yet then why the hell not?"~ Dick Gaughan
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- Closed ~ May Bank Holiday
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!