"An evening with Dónal Maguire is a five star event...one star for his outstanding voice, one for his exceptional repertoire of Irish traditional songs, one for his unique selection of English folk songs, one for his virtuoso mandolin and banjo work, and one for his wry wit and keen insight."
So says the Eagle Tavern in Greenwich Village!
"If you haven't heard this man yet then why the hell not?"~ Dick Gaughan
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter