Kicking off 2018 with the welcome and long overdue return of our old friends Playing Rapunzel.
Superb musicianship, soaring harmonies and great songs.
Marilisa Valtazanou (guitar, voice, and most other instruments) was born in Iowa, raised in Greece and now lives in London; she celebrates her multinational background by having a song in an obscure language for every occasion. She is easily recognised as the band member who will fearlessly play any instrument, including mandola, flutes, percussion, and even electric double bass.
Mich Sampson (piano, voice) is a lively East Londoner who directs choirs by night, teaches singing by day, and performs synagogue music by weekend. She has been guest of honour at filk conventions in the UK and USA, and her album Just Beyond has raised over £1000 for Cancer Research UK.
If you’re looking for a band that combines beautiful and emotional music with a gentle, humorous manner, Playing Rapunzel is for you!
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/423659
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.