Pete Coe and Alice Jones
Pete Coe and Alice Jones present ballads, broadsides and dance tunes from Leeds folk song collector Frank Kidson 1855 -1926: a man whose contribution to the folk collecting movement has been forgotten by many, in the wake of later and more prominent folk song collectors.
“The Search for Five Finger Frank” features new arrangements of both classic and rare folk songs unearthed from the treasure trove that is the Frank Kidson collection. His first and most enduring song collection “Traditional Tunes” was first published in 1891, ten years before Cecil Sharp had even heard his first folk song and yet “He lived to be obscured where once he had been considered the foremost authority”. This show celebrates and commemorates the incredible legacy of a man widely regarded as “a pioneer of the folk song revival”.
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/346139
- December 2019
- Closed ~ Closed for New Year.
- January 12: Leon Rosselson ~ One of the most powerful songwriters to emerge from the folk revival.
- January 19: Matthew Crampton ~ A great evening of wonderful singing, stories and some real top notch silliness.
- January 26: Liege & Lief Night ~ A special night celebrating a special album.
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- Closed ~ Easter