Pete Coe and Alice Jones
Pete Coe and Alice Jones present ballads, broadsides and dance tunes from Leeds folk song collector Frank Kidson 1855 -1926: a man whose contribution to the folk collecting movement has been forgotten by many, in the wake of later and more prominent folk song collectors.
“The Search for Five Finger Frank” features new arrangements of both classic and rare folk songs unearthed from the treasure trove that is the Frank Kidson collection. His first and most enduring song collection “Traditional Tunes” was first published in 1891, ten years before Cecil Sharp had even heard his first folk song and yet “He lived to be obscured where once he had been considered the foremost authority”. This show celebrates and commemorates the incredible legacy of a man widely regarded as “a pioneer of the folk song revival”.
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/346139
- October 2019
- November 3: Hunter Muskett ~ Layers of acoustic guitars, a delicate beat and some lush vocal harmonising...
- November 10: Riley Baugus ~ Banjos, Ballads, Stories and Songs of the Southern Appalachians.
- November 17: Dana & Susan Robinson ~ Vivid songwriting and storytelling, with fiddle tunes and banjo grooves...
- November 24: Tommy Sands ~ Legendary singer, songwriter and social activist.
- December 1: Radical Yiddish politics in the songs of the 1880s with Vivi Lachs ~ An unforgettable multimedia presentation.
- December 8: Norfolk Broads ~ From dark tales of murder and seduction, to ballads of love and hope...
- December 15: Christmas Singaround ~ Bring a song, a tune or a story to share.