Pete Coe and Alice Jones
Pete Coe and Alice Jones present ballads, broadsides and dance tunes from Leeds folk song collector Frank Kidson 1855 -1926: a man whose contribution to the folk collecting movement has been forgotten by many, in the wake of later and more prominent folk song collectors.
“The Search for Five Finger Frank” features new arrangements of both classic and rare folk songs unearthed from the treasure trove that is the Frank Kidson collection. His first and most enduring song collection “Traditional Tunes” was first published in 1891, ten years before Cecil Sharp had even heard his first folk song and yet “He lived to be obscured where once he had been considered the foremost authority”. This show celebrates and commemorates the incredible legacy of a man widely regarded as “a pioneer of the folk song revival”.
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/346139
- March 2017
- April 2017
- May 7: The Rheingans Sisters ~ Fiddle-singing duo who play it like they mean it.
- May 14: Jimmy Aldridge and Sid Goldsmith ~ Highly acclaimed folk duo who play traditional and original music of the British Isles.
- May 21: Dovetail Trio ~ Familiar narratives and modern themes with infectious energy and a passion for musical heritage.
- Closed ~ Bank Holiday
- June 4: Stick In The Wheel ~ Local heroes!
- June 11: Rattle on the Stovepipe ~ A trio of master musicians on guitar, banjo and fiddle.
- June 18: Sally Ironmonger & Brian Carter ~ A superb songwriter with a voice that doesn't back down.
- June 25: The E17 Folk Street Party ~ Finishing off our season with our now traditional E17 Folk Street Party!