Pete Coe and Alice Jones
Pete Coe and Alice Jones present ballads, broadsides and dance tunes from Leeds folk song collector Frank Kidson 1855 -1926: a man whose contribution to the folk collecting movement has been forgotten by many, in the wake of later and more prominent folk song collectors.
“The Search for Five Finger Frank” features new arrangements of both classic and rare folk songs unearthed from the treasure trove that is the Frank Kidson collection. His first and most enduring song collection “Traditional Tunes” was first published in 1891, ten years before Cecil Sharp had even heard his first folk song and yet “He lived to be obscured where once he had been considered the foremost authority”. This show celebrates and commemorates the incredible legacy of a man widely regarded as “a pioneer of the folk song revival”.
Admission £10 (£8 unwaged)
For this evening a limited number of advance tickets will be on sale via we got tickets. Be assured that you will still be able to pay on the night but please remember to get here early. For online tickets go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/346139
- September 2017
- October 1: The Battle for the Ballot plus Steve Suffet ~ Telling the story of how everybody in the UK came to have a vote.
- October 8: James Brothers ~ Antipodean-steeped folk virtuosity.
- October 15: Pete Coe ~ A one man folk industry!
- October 22: Maggie Holland ~ A rare chance to see this legendary songwriter.
- October 29: Ken Wilson & Jim Mcfarland ~ A fine evening of real folk singing.