Dipper Malkin are a captivating new duo who are rapidly earning a reputation for elevating traditional music to new heights of sturdy beauty and sophistication.
John Dipper (viola d’amore) was one third of The English Acoustic Collective alongside Chris Wood and Robert Harbron and currently works with string quartet Methera, while Dave Malkin (guitar, voice) was a founding member of trio Tandem, stylishly combining traditionally informed compositions with live electronics.
These guys blew us away at festivals over the summer and we're delighted to bring them to E17.
Admission £8 (£6 unwaged)
On the majority of club nights you will be able to pay on the door although we do put advance tickets on sale. On occasion demand will be very high and the evening may sell out in advance or there will be limited availabilty on the door. Please check the website regularly for the current position on specific evenings. For online tickets for this evening go to http://www.wegottickets.com/event/383659
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter