Steve Suffet / Steve White & the Protest Family
Tonight is part of the "We Shall Overcome" weekend of concerts to show celebrate music and culture and show solidarity to those affected by cuts and austerity. http://weshallovercomeweekend.com/
Steve White & The Protest family need no introduction to folk club regulars as E17's premier agit-prop folk punk band armed with a gigbag full of angry, tuneful and sometimes very funny songs. https://stevewhiteandtheprotestfamily.bandcamp.com/
New York based Steve Suffet describes himself as "old fashioned folksinger" and is our connection to the Greenwich Village protest song tradition. http://stevesuffet.com/
Make sure you bring your singing along lungs tomight - you're gonna need them.
Admission is free with a collection for a local food bank.
- January 2020
- February 2: Teilhard Frost ~ A multi-instrumentalist, specializing in traditional fiddle tunes, with a particular interest in the Appalachian Mountains.
- February 9: Mama's Broke ~ Original songwriting combined with folk traditions create a compelling performance, delivered with heart and raw energy.
- February 16: John Kirkpatrick ~ Master of the squeezebox, wonderful singer and glorious warm hearted performer of all kinds of music.
- February 23: Matt Quinn & Owen Woods ~ Infectious dance tunes from around Europe and Canada.
- March 1: Tim Edey ~ A magical evening of music including folk, jazz, blues, celtic and world music.
- March 8: Union Jill ~ Historical themes and contemporary issues, personal experiences and protest songs.
- March 15: Wizz Jones ~ A guitar legend.
- March 22: Tom McConville ~ One of the leading fiddle players of our time - a world class act!
- March 29: Jackie Oates and John Spiers ~ An evening of enthralling music and humorous banter.
- Closed ~ Easter